Happy New Year!!!!!
>> Sunday, September 14, 2008
Three days ago it was the New Year in Ethiopia. They are seven years behind us and so they're in 2001 now! :) Ethiopia is just a funny little country. They have 13 months (the 13th month is only one week long). While we were there we saw posters that said Ethiopia is the only country with 13 months of sun!!!
The day before New Year's my Ethiopian friends who work at the Ladies Club stopped me and said, "Happy New Year! Tomorrow is New Year for your baby!" I was confused. :) Then I remembered that Ethiopia's New Year is September 11th. Today I brought them a card with Joseph's picture to wish them a Happy New Year. When I gave it to Mary she kissed it and smiled big! She said, "Please come to my house for coffee!" I will visit her soon...I'm excited for Joseph to be able to be around Ethiopians!
3 comments:
I love is outfit! And happy new year! We got to celebrate New Years with some Ethiopian friends in San Diego and it was fun! They put grass all over the floor and we ate and ate and ate and burned incense and all kinds of stuff!
totally love the photos!!! Love the new look on the blog, too. Is Joseph saying "please" in sign language there? Lj has finally picked up signing (= it is so CUTE!
Ok, does this 13 month thing mean that Joseph will age 8% slower than the rest of us? I'm confused.
Grampa B
Post a Comment