WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
>> Sunday, August 16, 2009
Last week we got a referral!!!!!!!!!! We've been in shock ever since. But we're totally in love!!! She's beautiful!!!!! I wish I could post pictures, but I can't. If I did, we could lose our opportunity to finalize her adoption or to adopt in Ethiopia. So, we'll wait.
The Ethiopian name that she has been given is Bethlehem. Isn't that beautiful?? I love it!! The name we're going to give her is Faith. Her name will be Faith Bethlehem Saltzman.
She's already 8 months old. We don't have a lot of information about her yet....of course we're requesting to get more information. What we know is that in her short life she's already struggled with malnutrition and on the limited medical records that we have there is a note about a "slightly reduced" thyroid issue. We have done our research and talked to a doctor and for those of you who have a medical background, you know that this could be a big or small issue.
We are accepting Faith Bethlehem's referral with a step of Faith. We are fully trusting that God is in control of her life and ours. We know that He will give us the grace to get through whatever challenges might come her way and ours. We believe that He is the One who has placed this sweet little girl in our lives!! We can't wait to meet her and we hope to do that soon!!!!!
You might be wondering what's next. Well, we need to go to Ethiopia to visit her before our paperwork goes to the Ethiopian courts. Then, there will be the Ethiopian Court Date. We don't have a Court Date yet. IF/When we pass court in Ethiopia (we don't have to be there) then we will go get her three weeks later. We will bring her to the States for a visit and to take care of her immigration paperwork before we return home to the Middle East.
Right now there's lots of unknowns. We've sent our referral acceptance agreement and we're waiting to know when we can visit her and we're waiting on a Court Date. You'll notice I keep capitalizing "Court Date." That's because it's the most pivotal part. So, please begin praying for this. Pray, pray, pray!!!! Pray that we pass!!!! Pray that we can get through quickly.
Oh, and about the rainy season and courts closing....this is what we were told by the agency: "The courts haven't closed YET so we just keep working." That's all they or we know and that's all we can know. But, we were told to still expect a court date at the beginning of October.
12 comments:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you-all. What beautiful names she has. I am sure all the medical stuff will fade with time. You just have to get them some love, good food, and proper medical care and all will be fine. Blessings a thousand times.
~ Heather (Solome & Zoe's mom)
woo woo!! faith bethlehem! I love her!! As I imagine her, she ends up looking like a little Joseph with ringlets. I know that can't be right. :) I am celebrating with you guys and praying for a quick end to the process and for her health. And I am looking forward to seeing her! Love, Aunty Liz
Congratulations Tim and Jeni! So happy for you guys. Keeping you in our prayers.
Michelle and John Meader (Hannah Derartu's parents -we met you when you were in Ethiopia when you were ther to visit Joseph).
How exciting! I'm so glad to hear it and can't wait to see some pictures! I will pray that things go smoothly.
Sarah
Can't wait to see pictures, I am sure she's beautiful! So excited to see your family grow once more. Praying for a quick and easy court date.
Congrats! Beautiful beautiful name!
So very excited for your family. May God bring you many many blessings in this journey!
love from Justin, Tracy & Payton
Tim and Jeni, we were just thinking of you and found your blog site as well as the good news. Congratulations! Hope to see some pictures before too long...
Praying for little Faith.
Blessings,
Clay and Kathryn
Congratulations Tim and Jen!
We are so happy for you! Faith is a beautiful name...and so is "Grace"(which you posses in great quantities). It will all work out soon. And your daughter will be in your healing and nurturing arms.
Blessings!
Ross, Vicki, Jonas and Jember
Congratulations! We got our referral early August as well, and are in the same boat waiting on a court date. Hope your wait goes as quickly as ours!
Congratulations! That is awesome news -- I am sure she is fabulous, and you will all be so good together. Can't wait to see PICTURES and to know she is finally in your arms.
You and Tim are such amazing parents! Jeni, Faith Bethlehem Saltzman will be a truly blessed girl when it does work out in the courts for her to legally be your daughter. =) You have the biggest heart for children. What a blessing you are to God's inheritence.
Post a Comment