2 1/2 days until we leave!!
>> Wednesday, November 18, 2009
It's hard to believe that we'll be leaving for Ethiopia in just 2 1/2 days!! It's finally here!! We've been waiting to go get our little girl for so long. We're so ready to have her with us!
We've been working really hard this week to get ready. There's a bunch of paperwork that we need to have ready for the U.S. embassy appointment on Tuesday. This is where we'll get her visa so she can immigrate in as a U.S. citizen!! Because we saw her before her adoption was finalized, she will automatically become a U.S. citizen. :) After we have some time to visit family we will get her passport and then return to our home overseas.
Of course there's lots of things to take care of along the way like paperwork for the passport appointment and her social security number. We also need to get her to a good doctor. She sure has been through a lot with her health. Just last week she was in the hospital overnight for pneumonia. :( So, pray for her to stay healthy during all of this traveling!
I'm totally amazed that we will be in Ethiopia for Thanksgiving!! We'll be extra thankful this year!! I'm not sure I'll be able to eat any turkey, though. I really don't know if I'll be able to put her down.

Maybe I'll put her down long enough for Tim to hold her too!

We're also feeling so blessed to be able to be in the States for Christmas time! We have been in the Middle East for three Christmases and we sure have missed it. This will be a special time to be with family and celebrate the birth of Jesus! :) :) Not to mention, we'll have our own little Christmas baby, with a Christmas name...Faith Bethlehem!
Joseph is talking about the baby all the time too. I think he has a pretty good idea of what's happening with her room set up and looking at pictures of our visit trip. He likes to talk about the dog at the orphanage too.
Anyway, I look forward to having both of my kids together. I'm praying that they'll be good friends as they grow up!

I can't wait to post pictures of her sweet face!! We'll do it as soon as we have clearance to do so!
2 comments:
I am so excited for you guys and your family! What a special time of year to welcome in such a precious little girl. I will lift up all your travels and time with Faith and of course will look forward to your return here!
Can't believe you going!!! If you'll be in Houston again my mom would love to see you. I'm impressed you have pictures on the wall already at your new home. Mine are still wrapped. Lifting you up through all this...
Post a Comment