Powered by Blogger.

Ethiopian Adoption

We're in Germany!

>> Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hi! We made it to Germany...we have internet to upload some photos and video!! 

Here's a few pictures from our week in Ethiopia. You'll notice that some of our pictures are feeding Joseph. We're figuring out the feeing thing and so is he!! He sure is eating a lot. We will be trying out lots of new solid foods over the next few weeks! We already know he likes bananas!! 


Here I am with Joseph in the bus going around Addis Ababa picking up other families and going to all of the places we had to go while we were there! 

Tim holding Joseph. He loves his plastic chain!!

Shopping. Joseph loves the Baby Bjorn and we've used it a lot this week. 

Feeding Joseph again. Can you see how long he is? Turns out he's in the 90th percentile for length and the 50th percentile for weight. He's going to be tall!!!  

Here he is in his carseat/stroller at the Frankfurt airport. 



This is a video of Joseph in the airplane. He was playing, making lots of noise. We tried to keep him quiet, but it didn't work all the time. Thankfully, he did end up sleeping and slept 6 hours on the plane from Sudan to Frankfurt. Now we're about to board the plane to Denver. We hope he'll be good!! 

7 comments:

Anonymous,  May 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

Congratulations guys - we are so excited for you! Sorry that we are not going to be able to see you on your trip in the states. :(

Heather, Jeremy, Kaylie and Keiric!

desertaggies,  May 5, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Thanks for sharing the pics & video! I've been checking a couple times a day waiting. Can't believe you are in Denver with Joseph & with family now! Can't wait to see all 3 of you in June!!!

Anonymous,  May 5, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

This is just too awesome! He is so great! What a cutie! You guys look so natural with him, and he looks so natural with you guys! What a blessing.- Carie

Lindy Young,  May 5, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

YAAYYY!!! He is even cuter than I remember!! Congratulations and I hope you had a safe trip to Denver. Joseph looks so comfortable and happy in your arms. I am so thrilled for you both. Lindy

Anonymous,  May 6, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

Hey, LOVED the sound of his voice (= It looks like there wasn't a bassinet option on the wall in front of you....?
I loved watching him reach out with his little hand (=
Well I hope you feel like you brought enough stuff....I hope I didn't give you any bad advice! I am so bad at taking enough stuff...case in point our trip to Thailand...I bought cheap diapers (why oh why?!?!) and she peed through four outfits! grr
anyway hugs to you all,
love steph, tom and layla jane

Anonymous,  May 6, 2008 at 5:00 AM  

Good luck ! from Gideon

Congratulations ! We loved the photos and the video. you look a very happy family. PTL for the gift of your son.

Looking forward to having you back.

love

Heather, Peter, Bethan, Gideon and Luke

ManderJean,  June 3, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

so, i tried to storm the gates and say hello while you were on the tarmac- but alas, the men wouldn't let me through... sadness... MABROOOOOOOK!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP