Powered by Blogger.

Ethiopian Adoption

>> Thursday, November 20, 2008

Little by little this second adoption paperwork is coming together. We got one out of four sets of police and child abuse reports. We reviewed the final draft of the home study and now we're waiting for it to be approved. This is progress! 

It's funny how different this adoption feels already. I've heard it said that every adoption is different, just as every birth is different. During the last adoption, each step was exciting, but totally scary. This time we aren't as scared and nervous. Of course there are things that we worry about and find ourselves praying that God will take care of our baby girl. We pray for her so much already. Hopefully she's not born yet. We ask God to protect her and keep her healthy. We trust that He is already preparing her. We know He's getting us ready too. Joseph needs a sibling. He isn't used to interacting with children much, but he enjoys it when he does. He sees babies everywhere and does the sign for baby. He blows kisses at babies. He needs a baby sister!! :) 

Speaking of taking steps, here's a video of Joseph walking in a new mall we went to.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  November 20, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

I know that God has already picked out your little girl and is preparing her for you and you for her! I am so excited for you guys to have a little girl and for Joseph to have a sister. That video of him walking is so fun. I wish I was able to see him more (and you too)

ren,  November 21, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

It's cute how he turns his right foot out with each step. Exciting to be waiting for your little girl! We know she'll be precious too.

Jillienne,  November 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

I am so excited for you guys. I hope things keep moving along smoothly for you!

Maybe Joseph can come over and show Emersyn how that whole walking thing is done!

Jillienne

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP