Powered by Blogger.

Ethiopian Adoption

We will wait upon the Lord.

>> Thursday, October 22, 2009

We continue to wait to hear about a court date. It's so frustrating, really, but God has been so good to remind me that He is in control here. I know that He will bring our family together


There's a praise song that says, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. We will wait upon the Lord, we will wait." This song has been significant to both Tim and me during this time.

He's reminding me about the promises that He's given me and that He is faithful to fulfill His promises. Here's a couple of verses that He's reminding me of:

Psalm 33:11 "The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Isaiah 43:5 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."

There are others like Jeremiah 29:11 and Romans 8:28 and, of course, Phil 4:6-7.




When we were visiting Faith in Ethiopia we saw this bib. It's funny the things that God uses to tug at our hearts. When I saw it, I realized that He was reminding me that He brought Joseph into our family and He will do it again with Faith.




The reason this bib is so significant is that when we visited Joseph and had to leave him all we had was pictures and video to enjoy. Our favorite picture of him was when he was wearing this bib. Everyone around us saw THIS picture.


Some of our friends teased us about the bib saying, "who are the wildcats???" We didn't know. And then Paula said, "That's MY alma mater...University of Kentucky!!" She thinks he will end up going to her school when he goes to college. You never know.



Not that this is on topic, but my little wildcat is blowing kisses at me from across the room as I write this. I love that boy! I wonder, will I love this little girl as much as I love him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP